I guess I'm entering a "come back you whippersnapper so I can whack you with my walker!" phase. I saw an LJ ad for a Lysol touchless soap dispenser. Apparently, a soap dispenser harbours lots of bacteria and this is bad.
I don't see why it's bad. The soap dispensers in my house are probably the dirtiest things in the house. But I typically touch them to obtain soap with which I wash my hands. Yay, my hands came into contact with salmonella and fecal coliforms and cat anal secretions and keyboard yuck the second before they got cleaned. Big whoop.
Then again, it is Lysol we're talking about here, who convinced people that their homes are full of bacteria out to get them and that wiping every surface down with Lysol-brand cleaner is sufficient to get rid of the bacteria. I'm not sure which of those two is more ludicrous.